Spid rotator RAS
This package includes Rot2Prog controller, Rotator, CD and mouse.
This spid Azimuth and Elevation Rotator (type RAS) is a medium to heavy duty antenna rotator with Controller.
This rotator is designed for large satellite antennas and comes complete with an electronic control unit. The rotator is designed to be mounted on a pipe or on an optional adaptor plate for conventional in-tower mounting.
Controlling a parabolic DISH up to 3 meter , a arry for 432MHz with 8 x 26 elements will do fine.!
Note: For smooth Elevation rotation it is recommended to add counterweights to this section to creare balance
Heavy duty antenna mounting bracket
The AZ & EL rotator can be mount on a pipe of max. 68mm.
Max. diameter pipe for elevation is 51mm
A Heavy Duty mounting bracket is available, to mount for example a 3Meter Dish at the rotator.
* Double metal worm gear drive reduction for holding position in the wind.
* High torque low voltage DC motor.
* Magnetic reed switch gives 1 pulse per degree.
* Low backlash.
* Uses 8 wire cable connection (4 for each rotator)
* Turning speed rotator:
* Operation voltage 12 Volts to Max 18 Volts DC
AZ & EL Digitale Controller (Rot2Prog)
AZ & EL ROTOR CONTROLLER:
* Twin Green LED digital readout.
* Integrated computer interface (USB)
* Manual or computer control.
* 1 degree resolution.
* Emulates Yaesu GS-232 protocol or uses its own SPID protocol.
* Modified 'mouse' supplied for easy manual control.
AZ & EL Controller insite view
Azimuth angle of turn: 360° +/- 180°
Elevation angle of turn: 180° +/-20°
Azimuth rotation speed: 120 sec. (12V), 100 sec. (18V)
Elevation rotation speed: 80 sec. (12V), 45 sec. (18V)
Motor voltage Max: 18 Volts DC
Weight: 14 kg
The AZ & EL Rotator needs an external power supply of 12... 18V DC max !
Available power supplies page
Instead standard controller type Rot2Prog you can order the MD-02 controller (option MD-01, 19" rack mount type)
The MD-01 and MD-02 controller has much more functions as the standard Rot2Prog controller.
- Soft start en stop, 3 free to program stop and start funtions
- Full USB controlled by MD01dde.exe software
- Build in power full track interface
- 2 lines back light display
- Full acces through IP address (option)
Power supply for MD-02 (MD-01):
You can supply the MD-02 with Max 18volts
Orbitron - Satellite Tracking System (Screen shot)
SOFTWARE for SPID AZ & EL ROTOR:
* Software is available for EME (Moonbounce), Radio Astronomy and Satellite Tracking applications.
* Orbitron - Satellite Tracking System (Free)
HAM radio satellite. But also for Radio astronomy and EME
* MOONSKED - Moonbounce tracking voor Windows, Linux en Mac. (Shareware)
* PstRotator - Universal Track software, for Azimuth and Elevation, shareware, YO3DMU.
*Note: All ALPHA-SPID rotators are able to emulate Hy-Gain, Yaesu and Orion control units, is it compatible to almost any software.
Controller features may be easily upgraded in the future with a plug-in PROM.